2016 Graduation Press Kit
80 Parents in South LA Graduate from
Groceryships’ Largest Cohort on December 13
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, December 9, 2016
Dana Rizer, Dana@groceryships.org
- Sam Polk, Sam Polk, founder and executive director of Groceryships, cofounder and CEO of Everytable, and author of the book, For the Love of Money.
- 80 participants of Groceryships most recent cohorts.
- Major Funders include: USC Good Neighbors, Target/Wholesome Wave, The Annenberg Foundation.
What Groceryships will be celebrating the graduation of its largest cohort ever – 10 groups with over 80 graduates. The graduates’ commitment to the comprehensive five-month program has led to marked improvements in emotional health, self-esteem, increase fruit and vegetable consumption, and weight loss. Video of Groceryships participants and the impact of the program here.
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
6:45 – 8:00 pm PT
Graduation program for 80 participants of the most recent cohort of Groceryships, featuring:
- Sam Polk
- Groceryships Leaders and Grads
- Holiday Market from Enrou, with 15% of the proceeds supporting Groceryships
- Food provided by Sam Polk's innovative social enterprise, Everytable
Manual Arts Senior High School Auditorium
4131 S. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90037
RSVP to Dana@groceryships.org to reserve a seat.
The graduation will be in English and Spanish, with written translation available throughout the event. The following opportunities to cover the event remotely on Dec. 13 will also be available:
- Interviews with Groceryships Founder & Executive Director Sam Polk and Groceryships graduates can be secured through Dana Rizer at Dana@groceryships.org / 702-856-9511.
- The Twitter hashtag for the event is #GroceryshipsGraduation.
The mission of Groceryships is to improve long-term health and wellness in low income communities by creating a network of educational support groups and enhancing access to healthy, unprocessed foods. Based in South Los Angeles, Groceryships offers program participants a comprehensive five-month education in healthy eating and life skills in an environment of community support, as well as financial assistance through scholarships for groceries. Updates are available on Facebook and Twitter @Groceryships.