Thanks to our partners at Vitamix, all of our Groceryships group members received an exciting delivery this week. One mom lit up when she saw her new high-speed blender and said, "It's like Christmas in May!"
After the delicious Sweet Green Smoothie recipe we taste-tested this week, those blenders are definitely going to be hard at work...
It's not always easy to eat your greens. And it's even harder to get your kids to do so. At Groceryships, we've learned that one of the easiest ways to make sure you're eating at least five servings of vegetables each day is... to DRINK them.
Our Sweet Green Smoothie is packed with pineapple, mango, bananas and two cups of spinach! Although the bright green color initially shocked some of the group members, once they tasted it, it was a definite win. Everyone agreed, "You can't even taste the spinach. It's delicious," as they spooned out last few drops...
Here, our Groceryships Ambassador, Yolo Correra whips up a blender-full of the green stuff for her group:
Sweet Green Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach, fresh (tightly packed)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mango, fresh or unsweetened frozen
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or unsweetened frozen
- 2 bananas, peeled first, then frozen
- Put leafy greens in the blender. Add water. Select ‘Variable 1’ on the blender.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to ‘10’, then to ‘High’.
- Blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Next, add in mango, pineapple and bananas, and blend again.
- Blend for 45 seconds, or until smooth. Enjoy!
Want to see even more of our groups in action, check out one of our health coaches, Brenda Lomeli's website here.